Thursday, March 11, 2010

Look how far we've come...

Well, 4 years ago today we were married! Seems like forever ago, but then again I can't believe we have been married for 4 years. Crazy, I know.
We just started a small group with our pastor (Pastor Dave) a couple weeks ago. Pastor Dave is awesome and is someone I am sure you all would love. He told our small group the other day that our wedding was the best wedding with the best vibe, the best group of people and the best time he's had at a wedding ever! And his daughter was married after us in the same place with many of the same details! What a compliment. Not a "toot my own horn" type of post, but a tribute to all the people we have in our lives that helped make our day so special and memorable in not only our minds, but the minds of others that were there to share in our special day.
March 11, 2006
Honeymoon in Mexico.
May 2006
Then we had our twins and how our lives changed. It was crazy when we found out that we were having two instead of just one. We would have never thought that that was even a possibility. We went in for an ultrasound and when the doctor started to tell us the news I told him "no, we don't want to know the sex.". He told us that it was too early for that anyway and what he wanted to tell us was that we were having two babies instead of one! We were absolutely shocked, along with everyone else we told.
Family of four.
Cash and Riley
April 19, 2007
Riley 6 lbs 11 oz 19 in
Cash 8 lbs 14 oz 21 in
Cash and Riley's Baptism with Pastor Dave.
June 2007
We knew we wanted to have another baby at some point, maybe just not quite as soon as we did, but we were blessed to get pregnant again right around our 2 year anniversary! We were a little nervous that we would have twins again since it happened naturally the first time.
We looked up our chances of having twins twice and something popped up on line about your chances increasing by 75% or something like that and Darin almost died! Hey, I am the one that has to carry them which, in my book, was the worst part about the whole deal. I am not a good pregnant person. No problems or anything like that, just too huge and uncomfortable, but that is the price you pay and of course I would do it again in a heartbeat!
July 2008
About 5 months pregnant with Tripp.
And then he came...all 11 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches of him! I knew he would be big since I had twins that were almost 7 and 9 pounds. And I knew he would be a boy. We didn't find out the sex of any of our babies. I always knew Cash and Riley would be a boy and a girl and I KNEW Tripp would be a boy. We thought of names for all the other possible outcomes, but with Tripp I didn't even think I needed to, but I did anyway. Tripp is already a pretty different name. A girl named Tripp would be a little more than most people could handle I think.
Tripp Michael
November 14, 2008
11 lbs 11 oz 21 in
So that brings us to today as a family of five. We are very happy and very busy. We try to remember everyday how far we have come in such a short time and how lucky we are to have such great family and friends. We may not get great family pictures anymore, but we know its there!!!!!!!! We are very blessed!
Clearwater Beach
February 2010

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and a beautiful family.. happy belated Anniversary!! I hope you have a great weekend... oh and 11 pounds.. oh my word girl, you deserve an award..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You have come so far! Not in your wildest dreams could have you imagined the perfect family you would have! God's cool like that :) Hope you have a special weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy toledo!!!!! 11lbs 11ozs??????? You deserve a medal. My babies were 5 pounders....I can't imagine. I came across your blog today & wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete