Wednesday, February 23, 2011

KC Zoo

Last week we had a couple of days with awesome weather! I had to get the kids out and thought I would brave the zoo with all 4 of them. I was a little nervous because the zoo is quite a "commitment". Its a little bit of a drive and it is expensive so you want to go when you can spend a little time there. I was also trying to time our visit between the times that Drew eats so I didn't have to be feeding her among the craziness. And it was craziness...70 degrees in February brings all of KC to the zoo!
The zoo turned out to be a great idea. The kids did really well. They were glad to be out of the house. Drew was really good and we timed it great with when she needed to eat. And I bought a family pass so I don't have to worry about wasting money if we only want to be at the zoo for an hour or so the next time we go.
I didn't get many pictures taken, but I did take a few. I had to get the elephants because they were so close to the fence and were busy digging in the dirt. That was fun to see. The KC zoo also got a new polar bear that we hadn't seen yet. He was my favorite. He just kept doing laps around this big rock. I took video of him and the kids as they watched him. They just cracked up every time he came around. I could have sat there all day and watched him!





No comments:

Post a Comment