Monday, December 7, 2009

Water Park in December?!

Yes, we went to the Great Wolf Lodge yesterday for the first time. Not only did I get into a swimsuit for the first time in a very long time, but I went down a couple water slides as well! Our friends little guy, Merak, will be three next week so they wanted to do something special for his birthday. Merak is expecting a new little brother just three days after his 3rd birthday so we had to do his special day up big!
Tripp stayed back with our super special neighbors Liz, Reagan and Cole so Darin and I could have a little one-on-one time with Cash and Riley. Good thing because it was a little harder to watch two little ones at that huge water park than I thought it would be.
Riley was a little afraid of the water slides that they had for the little kids, but once she went down one of them, we couldn't get her off! Cash went down one of the big slides all by himself. I am not kidding...it was a big, twisty one...with tunnels. I didn't realize he was going down this particular slide, alone until I saw him come sliding down and end up at my feet. I definitely would not have sent him down this slide, alone. His dad thought it was a good idea. Turned out that he was fine and he went down it a second time. Little daredevil on my hands, right?! Not exactly. When I put him in the pool and tried to let him swim around on his own, he freaked out. He had a life jacket on so it made him a little off balance, but he wouldn't let me take it off of him. He jumped off the side a couple times, but I had to be holding at least one of his hands. Hmmmm...I really need to get those kids in swimming lessons. I cannot have kids that are afraid of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment