Friday, May 7, 2010

Some of you may not be ready for this...=)

Show Us Your Life - Your Kid's (or future kid's) Names...


When Darin and I found out we were pregnant we immediately started thinking about names. I have always wrote down names that I liked long before I ever thought about having kids. I even used to write down names for all my dogs and horses that I thought I would have someday! Anyway, so I was prepared when the time came.


We both loved Tripp or Cash for a boy.

Our last name is Johnson so we wanted something a little different since we had such a common last name.

The girls name was a little harder. I tend to like boy names for girls, but I also loved the name Stella. Weird, I know because it is a very girly name. I loved Lola too. Darin was not a big fan of either name. His grandma's name was Stella Brown which convinced me that we were meant to use that name! He said it reminded him too much of a grandma and not a little girl so we had to think of a new one to use.

I don't remember where we got the name Riley, but we both really liked it so it stuck.

So we had Cash or Tripp if it was a boy and Riley if it was a girl.


The middle names were pretty easy for us.

Darin's mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly when I was about 4 months pregnant. We wanted to somehow use her name, Yvonne Clare Trudeau Johnson, in honor of their grandma.

We decided to use Clare for Riley's middle name and Trudeau for Cash or Tripp's middle name.

I liked Trudeau with Cash because then he could go by the initials of CT if he wanted to. I liked that.

Well, there we had it.

We thought.


When I was around 12 weeks we found out we were going to have twins!

Total surprise.

Crazy.

And since we don't find out the sex of the baby, or sex of the babies in this case, we had to think of a lot of names!

We had to come up with another girl name. Ugh.

We decided on the name Peri Grace.


So, two girls would be Riley Clare and Peri Grace.

If it was two boys, they would be Cash Trudeau and Tripp, hadn't decided on a middle name.

We decided if it was a boy and a girl, they would be Cash and Riley.


We got our Cash Trudeau and Riley Clare!


When I was pregnant, I was convinced that it was a boy and a girl so I didn't worry too much about Tripp's middle name.

That is until I got pregnant again when my twins were 9 months old!


Again, we didn't find out the sex of our 3rd child, but I knew it was a boy. I could just tell.

We didn't even really think too hard about girls names.

We like Carter Grace and Drew for a girl. We had a hard time coming up with a middle name that we liked with Drew. All I could think about was Drew Barrymore.

Anyway...

We were going to get to use Tripp.

We decided his middle name should be Michael.

My dad's name is Michael and Darin had a brother who passed away as an infant whose middle name was Michael.


We got our Tripp Michael!


Which brings us to today...

Pregnant again!!!

Yep.

I told you, some of you may not be ready for this.

No, I am not crazy.

I might be when January rolls around and I have 4 (or 5) kids under 4 years old.

Check back with me then.
I am only 6 weeks, but we have never been ones to keep it a secret or not tell anyone we were expecting. We tried this time, but it only lasted a few hours after I found out.


I have my first appointment on May 17th to make sure there is only one baby in there!

Whoa.
Anyway, back to the name thing...

So I am running out of names quite frankly.

We haven't even really talked about names too much this time, but we have thrown around a couple.
Well, I really like the name Brake.
Brake Johnson.
I just love it. I love the movie "The Missing" with Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchet. I watch it everytime its on tv. Anyway, there is a character in the movie and his name is Brake.
Now, don't think about it the terms of your car brake or anything like that. Just use it in a sentence as someone's name.
Its cute.
Different, but so are Cash and Tripp, right?
Well, Darin thinks our little Brake would endure a future of ridicule and regular beatings so I don't know if I will get my Brake Johnson.
My Brake James Johnson.
If Brake ever wanted to go by his initials, that creates a whole other set of issues for him.
You get my drift?!
I guess some kids will think of any way to make fun of you though. If the worst is making fun of your name, so be it.
I mean, my maiden name is Nosbisch.
You gotta believe some kids had fun with that name in grade school.
What am I talking about? I had a professor in college who called me by my last name. Always with the addition of a "T", even after I repeatedly told him its Nosbisch, like "NOZ-BISH".
Ahh, Coach Henry. I still love you.
I keep getting off track...

We both still like Drew if its a girl and Reese if its a boy.

Darin wants to use Reese if its a boy or a girl.

I don't know.

What makes it harder is that we have friends with children named Reese and Drew.

The Reeses we know are all girls and the Drew we know is a boy. Maybe it would be okay if we just used the names, but on the opposite sex?!

Whatever, I guess we have awhile to think about it!!!


So there you go.

All our names in a nutshell...

a big, long, drawn out nutshell!


4 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fun surprise! We are actually up in MN right now with all the Huegels - can I tell everyone?? :) I am so excited for you! That is great news! I loved the story of your names. :) Ya know, Andrew was supposed to be a "Drew" but his full name just stuck. We plan to make Drew his nickname when he's in school, rather than "Andy!" :P Anyway, congrats!! Will you guys be coming to Joan's and Amy's parties this month? Hope to see you then!

    Jen, Craig & Andrew
    www.thehuegelfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Of course you can. I already told Grandma and Joan. I really want to try and get down to Iowa that weekend. We aren't for sure yet if we are going to make it, but we are trying! Hopefully we will get to come and see everyone! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations Rachel! That is fabulous news. I hope you are feeling well.
    I love all of your names and look forward to hearing what this little bundle will be called. :)

    ReplyDelete