Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let the birthday celebrations begin!!!

Grandma is here while Darin is in Vail for the week on his ski trip.
Since she won't be here for Cash and Riley's birthday on the 19th, we had a little celebration while she was here.
She let the kids go to Party City and pick out what they wanted. Riley picked out a dog plate and cup despite all the nudges towards the princess aisle. Cash stuck to a mix of Cars and Thomas. They picked out a couple colors of streamers and that was it! Pretty simple, but they loved it.
We decorated a little bit after they went to bed so they would be able to "party" the next day.
They came down and saw all the decorations and presents.
They were really excited.
Riley got a My Little Pony.

Cash got his tool box that he has been wanting for a very long time.


We also had cupcakes from a new cupcakery here in Olathe. It is called Smallcakes and is soooo yummy. $3 for one cupcake, but it so worth the money and the chunk of my weight watchers points that it stole.
I'd say this little guy would agree with his momma.
I love this picture...

Riley and her favorite thing about birthdays...the candles!




We also took a day to drive to Iowa and meet up with my sister-in-law, Rachel and my nieces, Becca and Libby. Becca, Libby, Cash and Riley all have April birthdays so we wanted to meet and have a little birthday celebration together.
We were going to hit up the zoo, but it was too cold and rainy so we went to Jumpin' Jacks. They had inflatables, games and a toddler area so everyone had fun.

And here is a perfect picture to illustrate my total hate for the red eye feature on my camera. I like the red eye on because it gets rid of the red eye, obviously. But, I can never get those fun, quick, oh, hurry they look so cute, she's holding his hand, he's giving her a kiss, take the picture right now moments when you have the red eye on.
And, my picture editing program on my computer doesn't always take out the red eye on both eyes for some reason? I don't know. Drives me crazy.
So here is a cute picture of Tripp with one red eye...and so it goes.


Riley and her new best friend, the helicopter. We probably dropped about $5 in quarters into this little machine. She would tell the helicopter she would be right back because she needed another coin.
She just sat in the thing, as calm as could be and enjoyed the ride.
I wonder how much it would cost me to get one of these at my house?
Might be worth it on some days!
Becca and Tripp.

Libby Lou...

The best of a series of pictures we attempted to get of the five (soon to be 6) Nosbisch grandchildren.
Becca, Tripp, Libby, Riley and Cash.
It was a long trip back to KC from Des Moines, but it was worth the drive. The kids all had a great time and it was nice to see them all play together.
We got home, took baths and went to bed.
Cash was wiped out and I couldn't resist when I walked into his room.
I had to snap a photo.
How exactly does one fall asleep like this?


























No comments:

Post a Comment