Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies!

So, at some point I have to quit calling my almost two-year old twins babies! I can't believe they are almost two! I just went into their room tonight and they were both sleeping on the floor. Everything was off their beds and they were laying on top of it...together. It was so cute. Of course I took pictures, but too tired to take the time to download them right now. Hopefully I can get them up tomorrow if the children let me have a little down time to play on the computer!

I have been thinking a lot of a family that I have come to know over these blog sites. They lost their little girl, Cora a couple weeks ago to cancer. They found out that Cora had cancer and 3 weeks later she passed away. She was only 11 months old and as cute as she could be! I can't imagine what that would feel like. I can't imagine losing one of my kids. I can't imagine how I would go on everyday if that happened to me. I can't imagine...

Darin and I are so lucky. We have three happy, healthy kids. They are my life. I have only been a mom for 22 months, but for some reason I can't remember what life was like when I wasn't. I try not only to remember this when I hear of someone who has lost their baby or has just found out their baby is sick. I really try to thank God everyday for my family, but sometimes the loss of others gives me a good reminder. I try to focus on the good, the stuff that really matters.

You know, in the long run it doesn't really matter if they go to bed sometimes with their clothes on or without brushing their teeth, if they eat graham crackers and apples for dinner while watching Dora or if they don't get a bath every night (or more than once a week!) =) What matters is that I love them and am trying to help them become caring, helpful, compassionate and loving people.

I pray tonight for all those families that have lost a child. I don't think that you never get over losing your baby. I pray that they find peace and comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you read the blog!!
    Your kids are adorable as well :)

    ReplyDelete