Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 6, 2011

It's Thursday, January 6, 2011.

We were up about 4 am to start getting ready to head to Overland Park Regional. My c-section was scheduled for 7:30 am and we were supposed to be there at 5:30 am.

Darin and my sister, Sarah were going with me. My mom was staying at home with Cash, Riley and Tripp. Here we are getting ready to go into the operating room. I was nervous even though I had done this twice before. I don't know anyone that wouldn't be. Surgery is never something you look forward to!

I was hoping that my sister could go in with us to see the birth of our 4th little one. My mom came in with us when I had Cash and Riley. My dad came in with us when we had Tripp. I guess they changed their rules and they would only allow one person to come in with me. Major bummer. I felt bad because Sarah was excited to go in, but we tried and they wouldn't budge. At least she was there and was the first person, besides me and Darin, to see her and hold her!



I like this picture. That doctor that is standing there, looking like he is just there to observe is actually holding up my belly. Dr. Maggie said she called in some extra help since I was so big, the baby was sitting so low and she wasn't sure how she would get under there to get to the baby. So that doctor is there strictly to hold up my enormous belly. Nice.


Darin was sure it was going to be a boy. I was sure it was going to be a girl.

Hopefully this is not too graphic for a blog! =) I took pictures in black and white so they wouldn't be quite so "detailed".

And its a girl!!!

Drew Elizabeth Johnson

9 lbs 12.4 oz

21 inches

Born at 7:56 am
In case you are wondering how we picked our her name...
We wanted all our kids to have a unique name (since our last name is Johnson), but not anything too crazy like Juice Johnson or something. Yes, Darin actually tried to pass that one by be when I was pregnant the first two times.
The name Drew was a name we both liked a lot and because it is typically a name used for a boy, we decided that was the one. Since Riley was a name that could be used for a boy or a girl, we wanted to stick with that "theme" I guess.
For our children's middle names we try to stick to family names.
We decided to use Elizabeth which is my sister's middle name.
So we had decided on Drew Elizabeth.
If she was a boy it would have been Brake James.
I know...that one seems as bad as Juice to some people, but the more you let it grow on you, the more you like it!
Brake Johnson.
I got it from the movie "The Missing" with Cate Blanchette and Tommy Lee Jones.
I love it.


Darin, Sarah, me (looking lovely, I know), one of my nurses and Dr. Maggie after my c-section.



Drew's first bath!



I finally got to sit up a little and hold Drew for the first time!

Riley holding her little sister for the first time.


Even though Cash cried because he wanted a baby brother, he was very excited to hold his new little sister!



Drew was definitely the most stylish baby in the nursery, or so the nurses and our pediatrician told us. My nurse told me that all the nurses in the nursery loved her and were excited when they saw her coming for a visit. That made me feel better of course...I knew she got some love while she was down there and away from us!




Darin taking Drew down for her last night in the nursery before we go home!

Her going home outfit!!!



The kids, my mom and my sister planned a welcome home party for us complete with cupcakes and mimosas! Riley did all the decorating by herself. I was thinking the blue cups were a little strange because my mom is very particular when it comes to her party planning. I was surprised that she didn't get pink cups or even green. She told me that she didn't get any cups because she didn't think we would need them. However, when Riley was decorating she noticed that there were no cups so she got some out of the pantry. Along with the salt and pepper which is obviously very important when you are having cupcakes. Pretty cute.
Strawberry lemonade cupcakes!
These are so cute. My mom and sister got us new parents champagne glasses! Very fun to drink our mimosas from!
Little Drew...home at last!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment